Sunday, July 3, 2011

Poppies to Pops!

Tonight are the fireworks on Owasco Lake, which are always very colorful and entertaining.  This year, I will try some pictures, using the sports setting on the Canon Rebel.

While en route, I stopped at the Cornell Plantations and took a few shots of the lovely Poppy. Since the flower that was in bloom was not near the path, I had to reach over the wooden fence to capture a few shots.  Perhaps another will be in bloom tomorrow that is closer to the path.

Mr. Toad greeted me as I got out of the car and was very patient for a few shots.

Some sporty folks were riding a jet ski on the lake.  Looked like great fun.

Then there are some Day Lilies in bloom, with heads erect and proud to be celebrating the 4th of July!

Enjoy the pix.














No comments:

Post a Comment